Breaking News: 'Pro-life rescuers immediately incarcerated following jury’s guilty verdict in DC FACE Act trial'
Just ahead of the judge’s decision, defendant Heather Idoni told LifeSiteNews that the determination of whether or not she and other defendants would be immediately incarcerated was all up 'to the Lord and His ministry.'
WASHINGTON, D.C. (LifeSiteNews) — A jury on Tuesday found five pro-life activists guilty of violating the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances (FACE) Act and conspiracy against rights. They were immediately incarcerated following the verdict and could face more than a decade in prison for their efforts to prevent women from killing their preborn babies.
In a statement to LifeSiteNews at the courthouse on Tuesday, defendant William Goodman urged his supporters “to forgive the jury, the judge, and all those who witnessed against us, and to pray that they would see how God loves the gift of every human life.”
All the defendants were led away and Goodman was handcuffed after the judge determined that the rescuers must be immediately detained pending sentencing since the nature of the FACE Act violation amounted to a “crime of violence.”
- Anti-abortion activists convicted of blockading DC clinic | wusa9.com
- Five Defendants Convicted of Federal Civil Rights Conspiracy and Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances (FACE) Act Offenses for Obstructing Access to a Reproductive Health Services Facility | USAO-DC | Department of Justice
- BREAKING: Five pro-life activists found guilty of FACE Act violations in DC (liveaction.org)
- Pro-life activists found guilty for DC abortion clinic blockade | U.S. News (christianpost.com)
- Anti-abortion activist seeks emergency release from jail | wusa9.com
- Pro-Lifers Found Guilty on All Charges and Taken Into Custody | Operation Rescue
- Episode 150 | Abandoning Life For Abortion/Five Pro-Lifers Found Guilty of FACE Violations (03:23) - Life Dynamics